- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Report Expressions in Visual Basic and Managed Code Webinar Recording Price:
999.00 (U.S. Dollars)
This series of training webinars is designed to help report developers learn how to write efficient and sharable Reporting Services Report Definition Language (RDL) expressions in Visual Basic and other .NET managed code languages (such as C#). Virtually all reports contain expressions of one kind or another. Expressions are what make reports more efficient, more focused, more interesting and more interactive. These fast-paced webinars are presented in three parts-each followed by a hands-on and instructor-mentored set of laboratory exercises that challenge each student to implement what they have learned. Benefits of this exclusive webinar training series include:
Easy-to-understand instruction delivered to a limited number of students.
- Up-to-date information on the latest Reporting Services technology as well as pragmatic methods, tips and techniques that work with all versions of Reporting Services.
An in-depth discussion of creating and sharing code-driven expressions-content that's not available online or in the Microsoft documentation.
- Personalized attention from industry-expert William Vaughn and the opportunity to ask questions throughout the sessions.
- Easy-access to session recordings immediately after each webinar
These sessions are for software developers, report DBAs, architects and their managers who specify, design, code, assemble, test, deploy, support, update and work with business applications that and develop and manage Business Intelligence solutions leveraging Reporting Services' RDL technology. They are specially designed for developers not familiar with Visual Basic, building and tuning report expressions and more sophisticated techniques that must be implemented to share report expression code between report development team members.
- Visual Basic for Reports I
- Understanding Visual Basic
- Creating Functions and Subroutines
- Declaring Typed Constants and Variables
- Visual Basic for Reports II
- Managing Conditional Expressions and Looping
- Testing and Debugging Expressions
- Building an Expression Test-Harness Application
- Implementing Reporting Services Expressions I
- Creating Internal Report Expressions
- Creating External Report Expressions
- Coding Report Expressions
- Implementing Reporting Services Expressions II
- Working with the Expression Editor
- Managing Expressions in Calculated Fields and Data Queries
- Solving Typical Problems with Expressions
- Sharing Expression Code I
- Expression Code Reuse and Sharing Issues
- Creating Managed Assemblies for use in Report Expressions
- Integrating Business Intelligence and Visual Studio Projects
- Sharing Expression Code II
- Creating, Testing and Deploying Custom Managed DLLs
- Deploying Applications Containing Custom DLLs
- Live Q & A Session - Have your specific questions answered during and after each session.
- Requirements: Students should have taken the Reporting Services Introduction course to have a basic understanding of Reporting Services technology. Students are expected to know how to create reports using Report Builder or the Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) tool suites (any version).
Setup: Each student receives a comprehensive set of instructions on how to download and install the necessary software including Visual Basic, SQL Server Advanced Services Edition and sample databases, code and examples. Also included are step-by-step laboratory manuals that contain additional instruction and exercises to challenge the student while the instructor is available to answer questions.
William (Bill) Vaughn is a 38-year industry-recognized author, mentor and a subject-matter expert on Visual Studio, SQL Server, Reporting Services and data access technologies.
- Bill has worked for over 38 years in the industry including 14 years at Microsoft, sharpening his skills.
- His latest books include Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition)* and Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server Compact Edition.
- He and Peter Blackburn also wrote the critically acclaimed Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services*.
- He's available for consulting, mentoring or custom training. See http://betav.com and http://betav.com/blog/billva .
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$999.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.